PHOENIX — Cheerleaders from the Fiesta Bowl teams put in some overtime, spending part of Tuesday filling hundreds of emergency food boxes at St Mary’s Food Bank in Phoenix.
University of Central Florida cheerleader Jacob Serre said helping the less fortunate is one thing the two teams, who face off Wednesday, agree on.
“We’re getting some volunteer time in to help the community and represent the University of Central Florida and meet the Baylor cheerleaders and a sense of community between the two,” he said.
Baylor cheerleader Reagan Volke helped load food boxes and said it makes her feel good.
“It’s nice to know I’m making a difference in someone’s life,” she said.
More than 100 students, faculty and alumni packed the boxes.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets