PHOENIX — Cheerleaders from the Fiesta Bowl teams put in some overtime, spending part of Tuesday filling hundreds of emergency food boxes at St Mary’s Food Bank in Phoenix.
University of Central Florida cheerleader Jacob Serre said helping the less fortunate is one thing the two teams, who face off Wednesday, agree on.
“We’re getting some volunteer time in to help the community and represent the University of Central Florida and meet the Baylor cheerleaders and a sense of community between the two,” he said.
Baylor cheerleader Reagan Volke helped load food boxes and said it makes her feel good.
“It’s nice to know I’m making a difference in someone’s life,” she said.
More than 100 students, faculty and alumni packed the boxes.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments