PHOENIX — Cheerleaders from the Fiesta Bowl teams put in some overtime, spending part of Tuesday filling hundreds of emergency food boxes at St Mary’s Food Bank in Phoenix.
University of Central Florida cheerleader Jacob Serre said helping the less fortunate is one thing the two teams, who face off Wednesday, agree on.
“We’re getting some volunteer time in to help the community and represent the University of Central Florida and meet the Baylor cheerleaders and a sense of community between the two,” he said.
Baylor cheerleader Reagan Volke helped load food boxes and said it makes her feel good.
“It’s nice to know I’m making a difference in someone’s life,” she said.
More than 100 students, faculty and alumni packed the boxes.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns