PHOENIX — Tempe police arrested 20-year-old Voyee Smith on Sunday for allegedly opening fire in a parking lot outside Arizona Mills on Saturday just before 6 p.m.
Investigators said Smith was with his girlfriend and another female when an altercation began with another party of people. During that altercation, police said, Smith and another person pulled out guns and six shots were fired in total.
“You know when you get people like this that are going to be pulling out guns and shooting, that’s very dangerous and obviously, very concerning to all of us,” said Tempe Sgt. Mike Pooley.
He said multiple rounds were fired and one hit Smith’s girlfriend in the arm. Smith was arrested for unlawful discharge of a firearm within city limits as well as endangerment.
Police are searching for other suspects. Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call the Tempe Police Department at (480) 350-8311.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them