Mesa residents are being encouraged to ‘treecycle’ following the Christmas holidays, with the city providing five 24-hour tree recycling sites, which have been open since Dec. 26.
The list of sites is comprised of the following:
• City of Mesa Solid Waste Management Department, 730 N. Mesa Drive.
• East Mesa Service Center, 6935 E. Decatur St.
• Superstition Springs Police/Fire Substation, 2430 S. Ellsworth Road.
• Mountain View Park, 845 N. Lindsay Rd. (enter off of Adobe Street).
• Dobson Ranch Park, 2363 S. Dobson Road.
All sites will be open through Sunday, Jan. 19.
The city requires trees to be unbagged, vacant of all ornaments, tinsel and various other decorations and free of tree stands and nails.
Wreaths will not be accepted at sites, nor will flocked trees, which cannot naturally breakdown.
Mesa residents who wish to take their trees directly to the Salt River Landfill can do so Monday through Saturday, between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m., until the end of January. Direct drop-off at the landfill does, however, require a valid Arizona driver’s license.
For $19.99, residents can schedule curbside pickup when they contact the city of Mesa Solid Waste Management Department at 480-644-6789.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier