PHOENIX — If your New Year’s resolution is to find love in 2014, there’s a trend when it comes to finding a date.
No longer are online sites the place to go if you’re looking to meet new people, it’s as easy as checking your phone.
Matchmaking apps such as Tinder lets you find other users in your area who may be compatible with your interests.
“With a quick swipe you can decide if it’s a mutual match,” said Joann Cohen, matchmaker and dating coach in Phoenix. “It’s a way of really quickly finding out who’s in the area and who’s available,” she added.
An advantage to using phone apps like Tinder, is that it matches you with people that shares your interests and once they do, you can automatically be in touch, without requesting to be in communication, explains Cohen.
Like other dating avenues involving meeting with strangers, common sense recommendations come into play.
“Don’t post photos that are too provocative,” said Cohen. The photos can be taken and used on other sites without your permission.
For those looking to find long and lasting relationships, the recommendation is to be direct and to the point.
“If you’re looking for a serious relationship or something more permanent, put that on your profile,” she added.
Other safety recommendations to using phone apps as well as online dating sites are to meet in a public place until you get to know the other person. Also, let someone know where you will be meeting and do not share personal information online that can be stolen or used to hurt you.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.