PHOENIX — More than 30 tons of snow have arrived in downtown Phoenix.
Just outside of the Arizona Science Center, dozens of kids are discovering the intricacies of snow, and many are making their first snow man.
The snow, which sits at a small mound at Heritage Park just outside the main entrance of the science museum, is just one of the activities of Snow Week.
Through Jan. 1, families can enjoy a variety of activities revolving around winter: Snow, animals and weather — among other things.
“We have sticky ice demonstrations, events and activities around winter animals,” said Michele Meyer, public relations and promotions specialist at the Arizona Science Center. “One of them is walk-like-a-penguin, as well as learning how animals keep warm in winter months when living in cold environments.”
Other exhibits during Snow Week include ice sculptures, gingerbread houses, candy day and IMAX movies. For the second year in row, Snow Week lets kids and their parents share the wonders of winterland and experience what cold weather is like without leaving Phoenix.
For Arizona Science Center members, doors open one hour early at 9 a.m. Click here for more information.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier