PHOENIX — More than 30 tons of snow have arrived in downtown Phoenix.
Just outside of the Arizona Science Center, dozens of kids are discovering the intricacies of snow, and many are making their first snow man.
The snow, which sits at a small mound at Heritage Park just outside the main entrance of the science museum, is just one of the activities of Snow Week.
Through Jan. 1, families can enjoy a variety of activities revolving around winter: Snow, animals and weather — among other things.
“We have sticky ice demonstrations, events and activities around winter animals,” said Michele Meyer, public relations and promotions specialist at the Arizona Science Center. “One of them is walk-like-a-penguin, as well as learning how animals keep warm in winter months when living in cold environments.”
Other exhibits during Snow Week include ice sculptures, gingerbread houses, candy day and IMAX movies. For the second year in row, Snow Week lets kids and their parents share the wonders of winterland and experience what cold weather is like without leaving Phoenix.
For Arizona Science Center members, doors open one hour early at 9 a.m. Click here for more information.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them