PHOENIX — A teenager who ran away from his Mesa home earlier this week left a note for his family saying they would be better off without him.
Jophrey Cord, 13, was last seen at his southeast Mesa home Monday morning. His family found the note several hours later, according to Mesa police.
Detective Steve Berry with the Mesa police department said the boy’s friends have reported seeing him since he ran away.
“We are fairly comfortable that he’s out and about and he’s fine,” said Berry. “It’s just a matter of catching up with him.”
Police said Cord has no cellphone or money with him.
Cord is described as 5-foot-6 with brunette hair and brown eyes. He weighs 130 pounds and wears glasses. He was last seen wearing a purple shirt, jeans and a light blue hoodie with “Hurley” on the front.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Mesa police department at 480.644.2211.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night