PHOENIX — Time is running out to receive tax credits for 2013, but a Valley school district is making sure to give people every opportunity to get a credit in before the end of the year.
Scottsdale Unified School District announced it will have two locations open on New Year’s Eve to accommodate any last minute contributors.
The district’s student activities supervisor, Shannon Crosier, said it’s the first year the district has been open on Dec. 31.
“This is the first time we’ll be open for New Year’s Eve,” she said. “We’ll have two locations open…the district office will be open, and then our Mohave Annex.”
The district office is located at 3811 N. 44th St. in Phoenix, and the Mohave District Annex is located at 8500 E. Jackrabbit Road in Scottsdale.
Crosier said those who contribute money to the district before the deadline will receive a tax credit toward their state taxes this year.
“If you’re single, you can donate up to $200. If you’re married (and) filing jointly, you can donate up to $400,” Crosier said.
Because donations receive a credit, not a deduction, donors receive a dollar-for-dollar amount back, Crosier said.
“So if I donate $200 to a tax credit, as long as my liability to the state is $200, I receive the full $200 back,” she said.
Contributions given to the district go a long way in helping schools fund extracurricular activities, she said.
“They do educational field trips, after-school programs, athletics, tutoring,” Crosier said. “They’re programs that they wouldn’t be able to do without the tax credit.”
The contributions also help fund activities such as fine arts, band programs and school plays, Crosier said.
The SUSD offices will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Dec. 31. All contributions must be postmarked or received by that date.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development