PHOENIX — Time is running out to receive tax credits for 2013, but a Valley school district is making sure to give people every opportunity to get a credit in before the end of the year.
Scottsdale Unified School District announced it will have two locations open on New Year’s Eve to accommodate any last minute contributors.
The district’s student activities supervisor, Shannon Crosier, said it’s the first year the district has been open on Dec. 31.
“This is the first time we’ll be open for New Year’s Eve,” she said. “We’ll have two locations open…the district office will be open, and then our Mohave Annex.”
The district office is located at 3811 N. 44th St. in Phoenix, and the Mohave District Annex is located at 8500 E. Jackrabbit Road in Scottsdale.
Crosier said those who contribute money to the district before the deadline will receive a tax credit toward their state taxes this year.
“If you’re single, you can donate up to $200. If you’re married (and) filing jointly, you can donate up to $400,” Crosier said.
Because donations receive a credit, not a deduction, donors receive a dollar-for-dollar amount back, Crosier said.
“So if I donate $200 to a tax credit, as long as my liability to the state is $200, I receive the full $200 back,” she said.
Contributions given to the district go a long way in helping schools fund extracurricular activities, she said.
“They do educational field trips, after-school programs, athletics, tutoring,” Crosier said. “They’re programs that they wouldn’t be able to do without the tax credit.”
The contributions also help fund activities such as fine arts, band programs and school plays, Crosier said.
The SUSD offices will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Dec. 31. All contributions must be postmarked or received by that date.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy