PHOENIX — Residents and visitors in Scottsdale have a new option when it comes to transportation.
The city unveiled the Scottsdale Day Tripper trolley Friday, which takes riders north from the city’s downtown area to as far as Bell Road. It was formerly named the Hospitality Trolley.
The trolley’s name was changed to better appeal to tourists, according to Caroline Stoeckel, vice president of marketing for the Scottsdale Convention and Visitors Bureau.
“Transportation is important when it comes to visitors thinking about a destination,” said Stoeckel. “The walkability and the transportation that’s available to visitors absolutely make a huge difference.”
The Day Tripper will run every day from now through March 31, 2014, from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. For more information, visit the Scottsdale Convention and Visitor Bureau’s website.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas