PHOENIX — Residents and visitors in Scottsdale have a new option when it comes to transportation.
The city unveiled the Scottsdale Day Tripper trolley Friday, which takes riders north from the city’s downtown area to as far as Bell Road. It was formerly named the Hospitality Trolley.
The trolley’s name was changed to better appeal to tourists, according to Caroline Stoeckel, vice president of marketing for the Scottsdale Convention and Visitors Bureau.
“Transportation is important when it comes to visitors thinking about a destination,” said Stoeckel. “The walkability and the transportation that’s available to visitors absolutely make a huge difference.”
The Day Tripper will run every day from now through March 31, 2014, from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. For more information, visit the Scottsdale Convention and Visitor Bureau’s website.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development