PHOENIX — The Valley has five fewer Applebee’s locations as of Thursday.
A sale of 78 restaurants between franchise owners closed nine restaurants in total — the others being in Ohio and Kentucky — with the last day of operations being Tuesday.
According to an Applebee’s spokesperson Dan Smith no positions were terminated by the new owners and all employees will be reassigned within the region.
“No team member positions are being eliminated, everyone still has their jobs,” Smith said. “Certainly we still have a strong presence in the Phoenix community.”
The locations are:
1245 W. Chandler Boulevard, Chandler, 85224
2805 S. Alma School Road, Chandler, 85248
830 W. Warner Road, Gilbert, 85233
3843 S. Gilbert Road, Gilbert, 85234
10460 N. 90th Street, Scottsdale, 85258
There are now 19 Applebee’s in the metro Phoenix area.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon