Phoenix – Valley stores are expecting big business as customers come in for after Christmas sales.
Wal-Mart is offering up to 50 percent off on thousands of items, and there are also sales at such stores as K Mart, Target, Kohls, and Macy’s.
Things were slow early this morning at the Wal-Mart at 51st Avenue and Indian School.
Customer Norm Johnson stopped into the grocery department soon after the store opened at 5:00 a.m.
“I forget to get milk yesterday and everything was closed, so I came in this morning,” Johnson said.
He is a regular customer and laughed as he said, “I’m the one who gets sent out every morning because the wife doesn’t want to do it.”
He said the store actually had fewer customers than on most mornings.
Things started to pick up just before 8:00 a.m. Lili Rodriguez and her friends admitted they were here for the sales. “Today I stocked up on hair products and makeup,” Rodriguez said. “I can never get enough of that.”
Her friend, Brenda Gonzalez, said Wal-Mart was just the first stop for their group. “We’re going to go to Walgreens and we’re going to go to Kohl’s and take advantage,” she said. “You can’t beat these deals.”
Gonzalez regularly shops at this Wal-Mart, and knew that she would have no problem getting in and out of the store if she got here early. She joked that would pick up around noon, “when everyone gets out of bed.”
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier