Phoenix – Valley stores are expecting big business as customers come in for after Christmas sales.
Wal-Mart is offering up to 50 percent off on thousands of items, and there are also sales at such stores as K Mart, Target, Kohls, and Macy’s.
Things were slow early this morning at the Wal-Mart at 51st Avenue and Indian School.
Customer Norm Johnson stopped into the grocery department soon after the store opened at 5:00 a.m.
“I forget to get milk yesterday and everything was closed, so I came in this morning,” Johnson said.
He is a regular customer and laughed as he said, “I’m the one who gets sent out every morning because the wife doesn’t want to do it.”
He said the store actually had fewer customers than on most mornings.
Things started to pick up just before 8:00 a.m. Lili Rodriguez and her friends admitted they were here for the sales. “Today I stocked up on hair products and makeup,” Rodriguez said. “I can never get enough of that.”
Her friend, Brenda Gonzalez, said Wal-Mart was just the first stop for their group. “We’re going to go to Walgreens and we’re going to go to Kohl’s and take advantage,” she said. “You can’t beat these deals.”
Gonzalez regularly shops at this Wal-Mart, and knew that she would have no problem getting in and out of the store if she got here early. She joked that would pick up around noon, “when everyone gets out of bed.”
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development