Phoenix – Valley stores are expecting big business as customers come in for after Christmas sales.
Wal-Mart is offering up to 50 percent off on thousands of items, and there are also sales at such stores as K Mart, Target, Kohls, and Macy’s.
Things were slow early this morning at the Wal-Mart at 51st Avenue and Indian School.
Customer Norm Johnson stopped into the grocery department soon after the store opened at 5:00 a.m.
“I forget to get milk yesterday and everything was closed, so I came in this morning,” Johnson said.
He is a regular customer and laughed as he said, “I’m the one who gets sent out every morning because the wife doesn’t want to do it.”
He said the store actually had fewer customers than on most mornings.
Things started to pick up just before 8:00 a.m. Lili Rodriguez and her friends admitted they were here for the sales. “Today I stocked up on hair products and makeup,” Rodriguez said. “I can never get enough of that.”
Her friend, Brenda Gonzalez, said Wal-Mart was just the first stop for their group. “We’re going to go to Walgreens and we’re going to go to Kohl’s and take advantage,” she said. “You can’t beat these deals.”
Gonzalez regularly shops at this Wal-Mart, and knew that she would have no problem getting in and out of the store if she got here early. She joked that would pick up around noon, “when everyone gets out of bed.”
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food