PHOENIX — A flu shot can help you protect the ones you love.
That’s what members of the Valley’s health community are telling their patients.
“The main reason we recommend flu vaccines is to create a herd immunity, like a herd of buffaloes,” Phoenix physician’s assistant Adam Schwartz said.
Getting your flu shot will help you to protect your “herd,” so to speak.
Schwartz said if your immune system is good you could still get the flu and it might leave you feeling sick for a few days to a week.
“If I get my flu vaccine, the more likely that when I’m around (people with weakened immune systems), they won’t have the major complications that we see every year, which is death, secondary pneumonia, and hospitalizations,” Schwartz said. “They’re protected.”
Be considerate of other people and get your flu shot.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them