PHOENIX — The hits just keep on coming for Scottsdale, Ariz.-based Amy’s Baking Company.
The eatery’s owners, Samy and Amy Bouzaglo, have been selected as the sixth-worst bosses in the nation by eBossWatch, a website that monitors bad bosses.
The Bouzaglos, who rose to Internet fame after a disastrous appearance on Fox’s “Kitchen Nightmares,” were named to the list of terrible bosses by a panel comprised of workplace consultants and psychologists. The panel did not give a reason behind the selection of Amy’s Baking Company.
The embattled restauranteurs first came into the limelight in May, when several profanity-laced rants were posted on the company’s Facebook page. After the rants went viral, the couple claimed their social media pages were hacked and that they were working with the FBI to resolve the issue.
Since then, reports have come out saying that the couple was being investigated by the Department of Labor after employees alleged that the Bouzaglos took tips, that the eatery requires employees to sign an extensive contract and that Samy Bouzaglo is at risk of being deported, among other things.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments