PHOENIX — A man was killed Saturday night after he lay down in the middle of a busy Phoenix street and was struck by a car.
The 40-year-old man was crossing Camelback Road west of the Interstate 17 around 9:30 p.m. when he decided to lie down in the eastbound turn lanes, according to Phoenix police Sgt. Tommy Thompson.
One vehicle had stopped for the pedestrian, even though he wasn’t in a
crosswalk, but a second vehicle, a Nissan Altima, struck the man.
Thompson said the driver could not see the man until it was too late. The pedestrian was taken to a hospital, where he later died from injuries.
The driver of the Nissan was evaluated and showed no signs of impairment.
Police said they don’t know why the pedestrian decided to lie down in the
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development