PHOENIX — A man was killed Saturday night after he lay down in the middle of a busy Phoenix street and was struck by a car.
The 40-year-old man was crossing Camelback Road west of the Interstate 17 around 9:30 p.m. when he decided to lie down in the eastbound turn lanes, according to Phoenix police Sgt. Tommy Thompson.
One vehicle had stopped for the pedestrian, even though he wasn’t in a
crosswalk, but a second vehicle, a Nissan Altima, struck the man.
Thompson said the driver could not see the man until it was too late. The pedestrian was taken to a hospital, where he later died from injuries.
The driver of the Nissan was evaluated and showed no signs of impairment.
Police said they don’t know why the pedestrian decided to lie down in the
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food