PHOENIX — A man was killed Saturday night after he lay down in the middle of a busy Phoenix street and was struck by a car.
The 40-year-old man was crossing Camelback Road west of the Interstate 17 around 9:30 p.m. when he decided to lie down in the eastbound turn lanes, according to Phoenix police Sgt. Tommy Thompson.
One vehicle had stopped for the pedestrian, even though he wasn’t in a
crosswalk, but a second vehicle, a Nissan Altima, struck the man.
Thompson said the driver could not see the man until it was too late. The pedestrian was taken to a hospital, where he later died from injuries.
The driver of the Nissan was evaluated and showed no signs of impairment.
Police said they don’t know why the pedestrian decided to lie down in the
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night