PHOENIX – A man was shot and killed at an apartment complex Friday night, according to Phoenix police.
It happened at about 10:45 p.m. near the area of 4400 S. 28th Street.
Sgt. Tommy Thompson said officers responding to a shooting call found 34-year-old Jerome Armstead in a breezeway with multiple gunshot wounds.
Armstead was taken to a hospital where he later died from his injuries.
Thompson said police have no suspects at this time, but a man was seen running from the scene before getting into a Chrysler 300 and leaving the area.
He is described as a black male in his 30’s, about 5 foot 7 inches tall. Thompson said the vehicle was gray or silver with stock rims and no window tint.
Anyone with information is asked to call Phoenix police at (602) 262-6141 or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier