PHOENIX – A man was shot and killed at an apartment complex Friday night, according to Phoenix police.
It happened at about 10:45 p.m. near the area of 4400 S. 28th Street.
Sgt. Tommy Thompson said officers responding to a shooting call found 34-year-old Jerome Armstead in a breezeway with multiple gunshot wounds.
Armstead was taken to a hospital where he later died from his injuries.
Thompson said police have no suspects at this time, but a man was seen running from the scene before getting into a Chrysler 300 and leaving the area.
He is described as a black male in his 30’s, about 5 foot 7 inches tall. Thompson said the vehicle was gray or silver with stock rims and no window tint.
Anyone with information is asked to call Phoenix police at (602) 262-6141 or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy