PHOENIX – A man was shot and killed at an apartment complex Friday night, according to Phoenix police.
It happened at about 10:45 p.m. near the area of 4400 S. 28th Street.
Sgt. Tommy Thompson said officers responding to a shooting call found 34-year-old Jerome Armstead in a breezeway with multiple gunshot wounds.
Armstead was taken to a hospital where he later died from his injuries.
Thompson said police have no suspects at this time, but a man was seen running from the scene before getting into a Chrysler 300 and leaving the area.
He is described as a black male in his 30’s, about 5 foot 7 inches tall. Thompson said the vehicle was gray or silver with stock rims and no window tint.
Anyone with information is asked to call Phoenix police at (602) 262-6141 or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development