PHOENIX — An accident involving two vehicles sent an SUV careening into a Phoenix apartment complex on Friday.
One driver was attempting to turn north on Seventh Street and thought an oncoming driver was going to turn.
“The gold compact car made a right hand turn in front of the northbound vehicle causing a t-bone-type accident, which the caused the silver SUV to go up over the curb, through the trees and into the apartment,” said Phoenix Police Lt. Tracy Miller.
The SUV struck the lower level of an apartment building. Ruby Cassard was in her apartment when it was hit by the SUV.
“All of a sudden we heard this big loud crash,” she said. “We knew it was a car or something. Everything went flying all over, glass and everything cracked. I didn’t know exactly how to react.”
Cassard was angered by the crash.
“If I talked to (the drivers), I’d probably choke them to death,” she said. “There’s just so many ignorant people driving around.”
Cassard was trapped in her apartment for a short time before being pulled out by firefighters.
No one was injured in the crash but the drivers were hospitalized as a precaution. Police said impairment was not a factor.
One driver was cited for driving without a license.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments