PHOENIX — An accident involving two vehicles sent an SUV careening into a Phoenix apartment complex on Friday.
One driver was attempting to turn north on Seventh Street and thought an oncoming driver was going to turn.
“The gold compact car made a right hand turn in front of the northbound vehicle causing a t-bone-type accident, which the caused the silver SUV to go up over the curb, through the trees and into the apartment,” said Phoenix Police Lt. Tracy Miller.
The SUV struck the lower level of an apartment building. Ruby Cassard was in her apartment when it was hit by the SUV.
“All of a sudden we heard this big loud crash,” she said. “We knew it was a car or something. Everything went flying all over, glass and everything cracked. I didn’t know exactly how to react.”
Cassard was angered by the crash.
“If I talked to (the drivers), I’d probably choke them to death,” she said. “There’s just so many ignorant people driving around.”
Cassard was trapped in her apartment for a short time before being pulled out by firefighters.
No one was injured in the crash but the drivers were hospitalized as a precaution. Police said impairment was not a factor.
One driver was cited for driving without a license.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon