PHOENIX — An accident involving two vehicles sent an SUV careening into a Phoenix apartment complex on Friday.
One driver was attempting to turn north on Seventh Street and thought an oncoming driver was going to turn.
“The gold compact car made a right hand turn in front of the northbound vehicle causing a t-bone-type accident, which the caused the silver SUV to go up over the curb, through the trees and into the apartment,” said Phoenix Police Lt. Tracy Miller.
The SUV struck the lower level of an apartment building. Ruby Cassard was in her apartment when it was hit by the SUV.
“All of a sudden we heard this big loud crash,” she said. “We knew it was a car or something. Everything went flying all over, glass and everything cracked. I didn’t know exactly how to react.”
Cassard was angered by the crash.
“If I talked to (the drivers), I’d probably choke them to death,” she said. “There’s just so many ignorant people driving around.”
Cassard was trapped in her apartment for a short time before being pulled out by firefighters.
No one was injured in the crash but the drivers were hospitalized as a precaution. Police said impairment was not a factor.
One driver was cited for driving without a license.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night