PHOENIX — Some Valley mayors aren’t bashful about sharing what gifts they want to find under the Christmas tree this year.
Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton said he’s hoping for a gift certificate from any of Phoenix’s locally-owned coffee shops. That way he can grab a coffee every morning as he heads down to city hall.
Stanton is also looking forward to spending time with his family.
“We’re super excited about what the Christmas tree has for our own 6-year-old and 3-year-old, my own two kids,” he said. “I’m going to take my son Trevor to go ice skating down at CityScape.”
Meanwhile, another Valley mayor wants something that he can use at a higher place.
Mesa Mayor Scott Smith is a pilot. He’s hoping for a new iPad that he can take with him into the cockpit. He said it will do away with a lot of the paperwork, especially navigational charts.
“You used to have to fly and carry all of these paper charts with you, and now they’re all electronic,” he said. “I’ll be able to look at weather and do things like that that I couldn’t do before. And it’s all through this incredible software that we have.”
Smith said he’ll also spend some much needed time with his family.
“We’re just going to kick back and take a couple of weeks,” he said. “I have a big decision to make.”
That decision is whether to run for governor of Arizona. He said he’ll announce his decision sometime after the first of the year.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.