PHOENIX — Some Valley mayors aren’t bashful about sharing what gifts they want to find under the Christmas tree this year.
Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton said he’s hoping for a gift certificate from any of Phoenix’s locally-owned coffee shops. That way he can grab a coffee every morning as he heads down to city hall.
Stanton is also looking forward to spending time with his family.
“We’re super excited about what the Christmas tree has for our own 6-year-old and 3-year-old, my own two kids,” he said. “I’m going to take my son Trevor to go ice skating down at CityScape.”
Meanwhile, another Valley mayor wants something that he can use at a higher place.
Mesa Mayor Scott Smith is a pilot. He’s hoping for a new iPad that he can take with him into the cockpit. He said it will do away with a lot of the paperwork, especially navigational charts.
“You used to have to fly and carry all of these paper charts with you, and now they’re all electronic,” he said. “I’ll be able to look at weather and do things like that that I couldn’t do before. And it’s all through this incredible software that we have.”
Smith said he’ll also spend some much needed time with his family.
“We’re just going to kick back and take a couple of weeks,” he said. “I have a big decision to make.”
That decision is whether to run for governor of Arizona. He said he’ll announce his decision sometime after the first of the year.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments