PHOENIX — Some Valley mayors aren’t bashful about sharing what gifts they want to find under the Christmas tree this year.
Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton said he’s hoping for a gift certificate from any of Phoenix’s locally-owned coffee shops. That way he can grab a coffee every morning as he heads down to city hall.
Stanton is also looking forward to spending time with his family.
“We’re super excited about what the Christmas tree has for our own 6-year-old and 3-year-old, my own two kids,” he said. “I’m going to take my son Trevor to go ice skating down at CityScape.”
Meanwhile, another Valley mayor wants something that he can use at a higher place.
Mesa Mayor Scott Smith is a pilot. He’s hoping for a new iPad that he can take with him into the cockpit. He said it will do away with a lot of the paperwork, especially navigational charts.
“You used to have to fly and carry all of these paper charts with you, and now they’re all electronic,” he said. “I’ll be able to look at weather and do things like that that I couldn’t do before. And it’s all through this incredible software that we have.”
Smith said he’ll also spend some much needed time with his family.
“We’re just going to kick back and take a couple of weeks,” he said. “I have a big decision to make.”
That decision is whether to run for governor of Arizona. He said he’ll announce his decision sometime after the first of the year.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them