PHOENIX — Some Valley mayors aren’t bashful about sharing what gifts they want to find under the Christmas tree this year.
Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton said he’s hoping for a gift certificate from any of Phoenix’s locally-owned coffee shops. That way he can grab a coffee every morning as he heads down to city hall.
Stanton is also looking forward to spending time with his family.
“We’re super excited about what the Christmas tree has for our own 6-year-old and 3-year-old, my own two kids,” he said. “I’m going to take my son Trevor to go ice skating down at CityScape.”
Meanwhile, another Valley mayor wants something that he can use at a higher place.
Mesa Mayor Scott Smith is a pilot. He’s hoping for a new iPad that he can take with him into the cockpit. He said it will do away with a lot of the paperwork, especially navigational charts.
“You used to have to fly and carry all of these paper charts with you, and now they’re all electronic,” he said. “I’ll be able to look at weather and do things like that that I couldn’t do before. And it’s all through this incredible software that we have.”
Smith said he’ll also spend some much needed time with his family.
“We’re just going to kick back and take a couple of weeks,” he said. “I have a big decision to make.”
That decision is whether to run for governor of Arizona. He said he’ll announce his decision sometime after the first of the year.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains