PHOENIX — Some Valley mayors aren’t bashful about sharing what gifts they want to find under the Christmas tree this year.
Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton said he’s hoping for a gift certificate from any of Phoenix’s locally-owned coffee shops. That way he can grab a coffee every morning as he heads down to city hall.
Stanton is also looking forward to spending time with his family.
“We’re super excited about what the Christmas tree has for our own 6-year-old and 3-year-old, my own two kids,” he said. “I’m going to take my son Trevor to go ice skating down at CityScape.”
Meanwhile, another Valley mayor wants something that he can use at a higher place.
Mesa Mayor Scott Smith is a pilot. He’s hoping for a new iPad that he can take with him into the cockpit. He said it will do away with a lot of the paperwork, especially navigational charts.
“You used to have to fly and carry all of these paper charts with you, and now they’re all electronic,” he said. “I’ll be able to look at weather and do things like that that I couldn’t do before. And it’s all through this incredible software that we have.”
Smith said he’ll also spend some much needed time with his family.
“We’re just going to kick back and take a couple of weeks,” he said. “I have a big decision to make.”
That decision is whether to run for governor of Arizona. He said he’ll announce his decision sometime after the first of the year.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development