PHOENIX — The Phoenix Rescue Mission is looking for much-needed toy donations for older children.
“These kids are so deserving. Often, they watch over their younger siblings or have to work to bring in extra income for the family,” said Marlena Padron of the Phoenix Rescue Mission.
The toys are being collected for the mission’s annual “Toys for Tykes and Teens” toy drive. The gifts will be handed out to more than 400 needy kids during a Family Fiesta event on Dec. 23.
According to the non-profit’s leaders, there is always a need for toys for children ages 8 to 15. Items like ball caps, sports t-shirts and sports equipment are a bit hit for boys while hair accessories, clothing, curling irons, flat irons and cosmetic jewelry top the girls’ lists.
Donations of new, unwrapped gifts will be accepted until noon on Monday at 1801 S. 35th Avenue in Phoenix.
To learn more, call (602) 233-3000.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier