PHOENIX — The Phoenix Rescue Mission is looking for much-needed toy donations for older children.
“These kids are so deserving. Often, they watch over their younger siblings or have to work to bring in extra income for the family,” said Marlena Padron of the Phoenix Rescue Mission.
The toys are being collected for the mission’s annual “Toys for Tykes and Teens” toy drive. The gifts will be handed out to more than 400 needy kids during a Family Fiesta event on Dec. 23.
According to the non-profit’s leaders, there is always a need for toys for children ages 8 to 15. Items like ball caps, sports t-shirts and sports equipment are a bit hit for boys while hair accessories, clothing, curling irons, flat irons and cosmetic jewelry top the girls’ lists.
Donations of new, unwrapped gifts will be accepted until noon on Monday at 1801 S. 35th Avenue in Phoenix.
To learn more, call (602) 233-3000.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them