PHOENIX — The Phoenix Rescue Mission is looking for much-needed toy donations for older children.
“These kids are so deserving. Often, they watch over their younger siblings or have to work to bring in extra income for the family,” said Marlena Padron of the Phoenix Rescue Mission.
The toys are being collected for the mission’s annual “Toys for Tykes and Teens” toy drive. The gifts will be handed out to more than 400 needy kids during a Family Fiesta event on Dec. 23.
According to the non-profit’s leaders, there is always a need for toys for children ages 8 to 15. Items like ball caps, sports t-shirts and sports equipment are a bit hit for boys while hair accessories, clothing, curling irons, flat irons and cosmetic jewelry top the girls’ lists.
Donations of new, unwrapped gifts will be accepted until noon on Monday at 1801 S. 35th Avenue in Phoenix.
To learn more, call (602) 233-3000.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development