PHOENIX — ‘Tis the season for carols, holiday parties and people drinking way too much.
Every bartender has their own recipe to help stop a hangover — or at least ramp down the effect — of a few too many drinks. Marie Myers with Aunt Chilada’s in Phoenix said stopping a hangover starts before you sip the first drink.
“Start with a good base before you start drinking,” she said. “Eat a good fat food like a burger or chicken wings. The alcohol can then be absorbed into the food and not go directly into your bloodstream.”
Myers recommends drinking a glass of water alongside each alcoholic beverage.
“Don’t order another drink until you’ve finished both. The water helps stop dehydration and that’s one of the biggest reasons people get hangovers.”
And have aspirin next to the bed, but not for the morning after. Take them before you go to sleep.
Myers said drinking a little ginger ale will help ease your stomach the next morning.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night