PHOENIX — ‘Tis the season for carols, holiday parties and people drinking way too much.
Every bartender has their own recipe to help stop a hangover — or at least ramp down the effect — of a few too many drinks. Marie Myers with Aunt Chilada’s in Phoenix said stopping a hangover starts before you sip the first drink.
“Start with a good base before you start drinking,” she said. “Eat a good fat food like a burger or chicken wings. The alcohol can then be absorbed into the food and not go directly into your bloodstream.”
Myers recommends drinking a glass of water alongside each alcoholic beverage.
“Don’t order another drink until you’ve finished both. The water helps stop dehydration and that’s one of the biggest reasons people get hangovers.”
And have aspirin next to the bed, but not for the morning after. Take them before you go to sleep.
Myers said drinking a little ginger ale will help ease your stomach the next morning.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets