PHOENIX — ‘Tis the season for carols, holiday parties and people drinking way too much.
Every bartender has their own recipe to help stop a hangover — or at least ramp down the effect — of a few too many drinks. Marie Myers with Aunt Chilada’s in Phoenix said stopping a hangover starts before you sip the first drink.
“Start with a good base before you start drinking,” she said. “Eat a good fat food like a burger or chicken wings. The alcohol can then be absorbed into the food and not go directly into your bloodstream.”
Myers recommends drinking a glass of water alongside each alcoholic beverage.
“Don’t order another drink until you’ve finished both. The water helps stop dehydration and that’s one of the biggest reasons people get hangovers.”
And have aspirin next to the bed, but not for the morning after. Take them before you go to sleep.
Myers said drinking a little ginger ale will help ease your stomach the next morning.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development