PHOENIX — ‘Tis the season for carols, holiday parties and people drinking way too much.
Every bartender has their own recipe to help stop a hangover — or at least ramp down the effect — of a few too many drinks. Marie Myers with Aunt Chilada’s in Phoenix said stopping a hangover starts before you sip the first drink.
“Start with a good base before you start drinking,” she said. “Eat a good fat food like a burger or chicken wings. The alcohol can then be absorbed into the food and not go directly into your bloodstream.”
Myers recommends drinking a glass of water alongside each alcoholic beverage.
“Don’t order another drink until you’ve finished both. The water helps stop dehydration and that’s one of the biggest reasons people get hangovers.”
And have aspirin next to the bed, but not for the morning after. Take them before you go to sleep.
Myers said drinking a little ginger ale will help ease your stomach the next morning.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas