PHOENIX — Dozens of Phoenix police officers became Santa’s helpers on Wednesday at Hacienda Healthcare in south Phoenix.
A convoy of cops decked out in blue were led into Hacienda by Santa. Hacienda’s clients deal with severe mental or physical disabilities. Some of them have been there since birth and will spend their life there.
Doreena Wiegert was among the officers who delivered gifts. She has been doing it for 20 years and said it’s pure joy.
“It’s a great time to deliver Christmas to just a wonderful group of people.”
Officer Sheree Lee walked in with her arms full of gifts.
“It’s such a rewarding experience and we love doing it for the kids and the adults here. It’s awesome to see them open their gifts.”
This is the 24th year Phoenix police has delivered gifts to Hacienda.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them