PHOENIX — A new report showed that Arizonans who filed a car-insurance claim watched their premiums rise the sixth-most in the country.
In Arizona, car-insurance premiums rose by an average of 44 percent after a single claim, according to insurancequotes.com. An Arizona driver with two claims pays an average of 118 percent more for car insurance than a claim-free driver.
Nationally, premiums go up by an average of 38 percent after one claim and 86 percent after two claims.
From the website:
“The biggest lesson for consumers is not to file a claim unless absolutely necessary,” said Laura Adams, a senior analyst. “Making a claim for a few hundred dollars doesn’t make sense if your premium is going to skyrocket as a result.”
Massachusetts topped the list with an average post-claim hike of 67 percent. California was next at 62 percent.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.