PHOENIX — Officers in Pinal County are searching for three men they believe are responsible for a brutal sexual assault.
On Sunday morning, a 34-year-old Oracle, Ariz., woman was grabbed by two men on her porch and forced into a black pickup truck where a third man was waiting, Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu said.
Once inside the truck, Babeu said they drove the woman out into the desert and assaulted her.
“She was taken out into a remote area of the desert and sexually assaulted, raped and badly beaten,” he said.
After the attack, the three men left her in the desert, where she walked until she found help from a jogger who called the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office.
“She was found early morning [Sunday] with sparse clothing,” Babeu said.
The woman sustained severe injuries in the attack and was transported to a Tucson hospital, according to the sheriff’s office.
Babeu said while an attack such as this is unusual, he is concerned that it might not be the men’s first offense — or their last.
“For them to do something like this, they possibly have done this before, and they would likely strike again if they’re not caught,” he said.
Babeu said his office is working to coordinate with other law enforcement agencies for help with the investigation, but he is also asking the public for help in identifying the men.
The sheriff said all three men are white males between the ages of 30 and 40 years old.
One man was described as heavy and wearing a red, long sleeve T-shirt and blue jeans. The second is believed to have a medium build, a mustache and was wearing a light blue T-shirt with blue jeans. The third was described as having a medium build and wearing jogging clothes — believed to be Nike brand with a reflective emblem.
“Any information, if someone may know of this or these three suspects, or the black truck in Oracle in Pinal County, please give us a call,” Babeu said.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.