PHOENIX — Officers in Pinal County are searching for three men they believe are responsible for a brutal sexual assault.
On Sunday morning, a 34-year-old Oracle, Ariz., woman was grabbed by two men on her porch and forced into a black pickup truck where a third man was waiting, Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu said.
Once inside the truck, Babeu said they drove the woman out into the desert and assaulted her.
“She was taken out into a remote area of the desert and sexually assaulted, raped and badly beaten,” he said.
After the attack, the three men left her in the desert, where she walked until she found help from a jogger who called the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office.
“She was found early morning [Sunday] with sparse clothing,” Babeu said.
The woman sustained severe injuries in the attack and was transported to a Tucson hospital, according to the sheriff’s office.
Babeu said while an attack such as this is unusual, he is concerned that it might not be the men’s first offense — or their last.
“For them to do something like this, they possibly have done this before, and they would likely strike again if they’re not caught,” he said.
Babeu said his office is working to coordinate with other law enforcement agencies for help with the investigation, but he is also asking the public for help in identifying the men.
The sheriff said all three men are white males between the ages of 30 and 40 years old.
One man was described as heavy and wearing a red, long sleeve T-shirt and blue jeans. The second is believed to have a medium build, a mustache and was wearing a light blue T-shirt with blue jeans. The third was described as having a medium build and wearing jogging clothes — believed to be Nike brand with a reflective emblem.
“Any information, if someone may know of this or these three suspects, or the black truck in Oracle in Pinal County, please give us a call,” Babeu said.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon