PHOENIX — Detectives with the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office are searching for a shooting suspect.
Joseph Gonzales, 22, is suspected of shooting 24-year-old Jordan Nava outside a Best Western hotel in Youngtown around 4 p.m. Saturday.
When deputies arrived at the hotel, they found Nava suffering from a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Investigators say Gonzales was last seen leaving the hotel parking lot in a grayish/silver sedan built in the 1990s. He is 6 feet tall and weighs 160 pounds.
Detectives said he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call the MCSO at (602) 876-1011.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain