Three Arizona State University students are about to make reading a little more delicious.
Instead of selling hot dogs or tacos or cupcakes, they have decided to convert old food trucks into moving libraries.
Called BiblioTrucka, the cost-effective roving libraries will primarily serve low-income school districts and communities. The students are all part of the Changemaking in Education course co-taught by ASU’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College and Teach For America.
Instead of writing paper after paper, the course requires students to tackle real-life education problems and offer viable solutions. Each group of students is also encouraged to apply for an ASU Innovation Challenge, with the possibility of winning up to $10,000 in grants. Some even applied for funding from the Clinton Global Initiative University, which will be hosted by former President Bill Clinton at the university in March 2014.
Despite keeping the costs low for each BiblioTrucka, the students were still able to equip them with not only books, but also digital learning tools, a projector, a ramp and a roll-up door.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy