Three Arizona State University students are about to make reading a little more delicious.
Instead of selling hot dogs or tacos or cupcakes, they have decided to convert old food trucks into moving libraries.
Called BiblioTrucka, the cost-effective roving libraries will primarily serve low-income school districts and communities. The students are all part of the Changemaking in Education course co-taught by ASU’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College and Teach For America.
Instead of writing paper after paper, the course requires students to tackle real-life education problems and offer viable solutions. Each group of students is also encouraged to apply for an ASU Innovation Challenge, with the possibility of winning up to $10,000 in grants. Some even applied for funding from the Clinton Global Initiative University, which will be hosted by former President Bill Clinton at the university in March 2014.
Despite keeping the costs low for each BiblioTrucka, the students were still able to equip them with not only books, but also digital learning tools, a projector, a ramp and a roll-up door.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns