PHOENIX — If you’ve ever wanted to own a piece of Yavapai County, here’s your chance.
The county launched a flag sale program that allows you to buy a U.S., State of Arizona or Yavapai County flag that has flown above the historic Yavapai County Courthouse in Prescott for at least one day.
The program was the brainchild of Yavapai County Supervisor Jack Smith.
“Right before I went into the Army, my parents gave me an American flag that I carried in my cargo pocket during my four years in the military and it always reminded me of home,” said Smith.
That flag is now displayed in his office. The flag program was launched just days ago and orders are picking up. The flags are being sold at cost and come with a certificate of authenticity, which can be personalized.
“We had a call from a woman whose son-in-law is on the way to Afghanistan in January,” Smith said. “She wanted to give him a Yavapai County flag for Christmas to carry with him.”
More information is available at the Yavapai County Flag Program.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon