PHOENIX — The half-brother of golfer Tiger Woods was reportedly been arrested by the Phoenix Police Department Thursday night in connection to a bomb threat they responded to earlier in the day at the Department of Economic Security building located on 1824 E. McKinley Street just east of downtown Phoenix.
According to Phoenix Police, the caller, identified as 58-year-old Earl Dennison Woods, told the front desk via cell phone that he had a bomb and was going to blow up the building.
Upon receiving the call, the front desk of the DES building immediately notified management and building security, who called the police. As a precaution security evacuated the building and conducted a search.
Sgt. Trent Crump of the Phoenix PD said that the 58-year-old admitted to building management that he had in fact called the bomb threat in, although allegedly doing so in a joking manner. Woods also made these same same admissions to officers during his interview.
After completing its investigation, the Phoenix PD booked Woods into the MCSO jail for one count of use of an electronic communication device to terrify, intimidate, threaten or harass, a class 1 misdemeanor.
There is no other information available at this time.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy