PHOENIX — The half-brother of golfer Tiger Woods was reportedly been arrested by the Phoenix Police Department Thursday night in connection to a bomb threat they responded to earlier in the day at the Department of Economic Security building located on 1824 E. McKinley Street just east of downtown Phoenix.
According to Phoenix Police, the caller, identified as 58-year-old Earl Dennison Woods, told the front desk via cell phone that he had a bomb and was going to blow up the building.
Upon receiving the call, the front desk of the DES building immediately notified management and building security, who called the police. As a precaution security evacuated the building and conducted a search.
Sgt. Trent Crump of the Phoenix PD said that the 58-year-old admitted to building management that he had in fact called the bomb threat in, although allegedly doing so in a joking manner. Woods also made these same same admissions to officers during his interview.
After completing its investigation, the Phoenix PD booked Woods into the MCSO jail for one count of use of an electronic communication device to terrify, intimidate, threaten or harass, a class 1 misdemeanor.
There is no other information available at this time.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns