PHOENIX — Hundreds of dentists will team up Friday and Saturday to offer Valley residents critical dental work at no charge.
The two-day event is being held at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum. It will have 100 dental chairs, 300 dentists and 1,320 dental hygienists.
Dentists will focus on alleviating pain and infections to cut down on the amount of people who seek emergency care for dental problems. The state saw a 29 percent increase in patients seeking emergency care for dental-related issues from 2009 to 2011, leading to an additional $31 million in patient costs in 2011 alone.
Fillings, extractions, cleanings and some lab work will be offered.
The event runs from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain