PHOENIX — Hundreds of dentists will team up Friday and Saturday to offer Valley residents critical dental work at no charge.
The two-day event is being held at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum. It will have 100 dental chairs, 300 dentists and 1,320 dental hygienists.
Dentists will focus on alleviating pain and infections to cut down on the amount of people who seek emergency care for dental problems. The state saw a 29 percent increase in patients seeking emergency care for dental-related issues from 2009 to 2011, leading to an additional $31 million in patient costs in 2011 alone.
Fillings, extractions, cleanings and some lab work will be offered.
The event runs from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development