PHOENIX — A Phoenix Suns broadcaster was arrested Saturday and charged with DUI, a police report said.
Tom Chambers was driving in north Scottsdale about 9:45 p.m. Saturday when his vehicle was allegedly spotted swerving into both the bicycle and other lanes.
After being pulled over, Chambers told officers he had a few drinks at the Pac-12 Championship Game between Arizona State University and Stanford. Chambers had a passenger in the vehicle and two opened bottles of beer were found in the vehicle.
The report said that Chambers was belligerent and refused a field sobriety test. He was arrested, booked on several charges and released pending the outcome of a blood test.
In a statement released to 12 News, Suns President Jason Rowley said the organization is aware of Chamber’s arrest.
“Driving under the influence is a serious matter,” the statement read. “However, the legal process is ongoing and we will have no further comment at this time.”
In an accompanying statement, Chambers apologized for his conduct.
“I take my role as a representative with the Suns very seriously and have always held myself to a high standard. I want to apologize to the Phoenix Suns and its fans for the negative attention this incident has brought upon the organization.”
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food