PHOENIX — A Phoenix Suns broadcaster was arrested Saturday and charged with DUI, a police report said.
Tom Chambers was driving in north Scottsdale about 9:45 p.m. Saturday when his vehicle was allegedly spotted swerving into both the bicycle and other lanes.
After being pulled over, Chambers told officers he had a few drinks at the Pac-12 Championship Game between Arizona State University and Stanford. Chambers had a passenger in the vehicle and two opened bottles of beer were found in the vehicle.
The report said that Chambers was belligerent and refused a field sobriety test. He was arrested, booked on several charges and released pending the outcome of a blood test.
In a statement released to 12 News, Suns President Jason Rowley said the organization is aware of Chamber’s arrest.
“Driving under the influence is a serious matter,” the statement read. “However, the legal process is ongoing and we will have no further comment at this time.”
In an accompanying statement, Chambers apologized for his conduct.
“I take my role as a representative with the Suns very seriously and have always held myself to a high standard. I want to apologize to the Phoenix Suns and its fans for the negative attention this incident has brought upon the organization.”
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America