PHOENIX — A Phoenix Suns broadcaster was arrested Saturday and charged with DUI, a police report said.
Tom Chambers was driving in north Scottsdale about 9:45 p.m. Saturday when his vehicle was allegedly spotted swerving into both the bicycle and other lanes.
After being pulled over, Chambers told officers he had a few drinks at the Pac-12 Championship Game between Arizona State University and Stanford. Chambers had a passenger in the vehicle and two opened bottles of beer were found in the vehicle.
The report said that Chambers was belligerent and refused a field sobriety test. He was arrested, booked on several charges and released pending the outcome of a blood test.
In a statement released to 12 News, Suns President Jason Rowley said the organization is aware of Chamber’s arrest.
“Driving under the influence is a serious matter,” the statement read. “However, the legal process is ongoing and we will have no further comment at this time.”
In an accompanying statement, Chambers apologized for his conduct.
“I take my role as a representative with the Suns very seriously and have always held myself to a high standard. I want to apologize to the Phoenix Suns and its fans for the negative attention this incident has brought upon the organization.”
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees