PHOENIX — Volunteers at Phoenix senior centers were thanked Wednesday with a party at the Arizona Grand Resort.
There was lots of dancing and food at Phoenix’s 32nd annual party to thank those who volunteer at the city’s 15 senior centers.
“We have well over 700 volunteers,” said Phoenix Human Services Department Director Deanna Jonovich. “This year alone, they volunteered in excess of over 122,000 hours.”
She said that amounts to over $2.5 million dollars in volunteer hours.
Jack Davis is one of the volunteers. He said he keeps busy at the senior center where he volunteers.
“We put on breakfasts, we help with the functions of the center and we organize the center’s outdoor activities,” he said.
Davis said Phoenix is doing a great job for seniors.
“They have made life enjoyable for some of those who would not have the quality of life that they enjoy now if it were not for the city of Phoenix Human Services Department,” he said.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food