PHOENIX — Volunteers at Phoenix senior centers were thanked Wednesday with a party at the Arizona Grand Resort.
There was lots of dancing and food at Phoenix’s 32nd annual party to thank those who volunteer at the city’s 15 senior centers.
“We have well over 700 volunteers,” said Phoenix Human Services Department Director Deanna Jonovich. “This year alone, they volunteered in excess of over 122,000 hours.”
She said that amounts to over $2.5 million dollars in volunteer hours.
Jack Davis is one of the volunteers. He said he keeps busy at the senior center where he volunteers.
“We put on breakfasts, we help with the functions of the center and we organize the center’s outdoor activities,” he said.
Davis said Phoenix is doing a great job for seniors.
“They have made life enjoyable for some of those who would not have the quality of life that they enjoy now if it were not for the city of Phoenix Human Services Department,” he said.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths