PHOENIX — Volunteers at Phoenix senior centers were thanked Wednesday with a party at the Arizona Grand Resort.
There was lots of dancing and food at Phoenix’s 32nd annual party to thank those who volunteer at the city’s 15 senior centers.
“We have well over 700 volunteers,” said Phoenix Human Services Department Director Deanna Jonovich. “This year alone, they volunteered in excess of over 122,000 hours.”
She said that amounts to over $2.5 million dollars in volunteer hours.
Jack Davis is one of the volunteers. He said he keeps busy at the senior center where he volunteers.
“We put on breakfasts, we help with the functions of the center and we organize the center’s outdoor activities,” he said.
Davis said Phoenix is doing a great job for seniors.
“They have made life enjoyable for some of those who would not have the quality of life that they enjoy now if it were not for the city of Phoenix Human Services Department,” he said.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night