PHOENIX — Volunteers at Phoenix senior centers were thanked Wednesday with a party at the Arizona Grand Resort.
There was lots of dancing and food at Phoenix’s 32nd annual party to thank those who volunteer at the city’s 15 senior centers.
“We have well over 700 volunteers,” said Phoenix Human Services Department Director Deanna Jonovich. “This year alone, they volunteered in excess of over 122,000 hours.”
She said that amounts to over $2.5 million dollars in volunteer hours.
Jack Davis is one of the volunteers. He said he keeps busy at the senior center where he volunteers.
“We put on breakfasts, we help with the functions of the center and we organize the center’s outdoor activities,” he said.
Davis said Phoenix is doing a great job for seniors.
“They have made life enjoyable for some of those who would not have the quality of life that they enjoy now if it were not for the city of Phoenix Human Services Department,” he said.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon