PHOENIX — The tourism organization Visit Phoenix is sponsoring free Wi-Fi in the New York City subway system. When those riders connect, they get a 15-second video of the Valley’s attributes.
“A quick glance of what we offer: resort pools, hiking trails, golf and mountains,” said Melissa Gogel with Visit Phoenix.
Last year about 1.6 billion riders took the New York subway, according to the Metro Transit Authority. Tapping into that potential visitor pool was too great an opportunity to let slip.
“We’re noticing an uptick in our website traffic from New York. We have people signing up for our emails. We’re seeing this campaign getting traction,” Gogel said.
The campaign kicked off Dec. 1 and will run through Dec. 31.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier