PHOENIX — The tourism organization Visit Phoenix is sponsoring free Wi-Fi in the New York City subway system. When those riders connect, they get a 15-second video of the Valley’s attributes.
“A quick glance of what we offer: resort pools, hiking trails, golf and mountains,” said Melissa Gogel with Visit Phoenix.
Last year about 1.6 billion riders took the New York subway, according to the Metro Transit Authority. Tapping into that potential visitor pool was too great an opportunity to let slip.
“We’re noticing an uptick in our website traffic from New York. We have people signing up for our emails. We’re seeing this campaign getting traction,” Gogel said.
The campaign kicked off Dec. 1 and will run through Dec. 31.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food