PHOENIX — The tourism organization Visit Phoenix is sponsoring free Wi-Fi in the New York City subway system. When those riders connect, they get a 15-second video of the Valley’s attributes.
“A quick glance of what we offer: resort pools, hiking trails, golf and mountains,” said Melissa Gogel with Visit Phoenix.
Last year about 1.6 billion riders took the New York subway, according to the Metro Transit Authority. Tapping into that potential visitor pool was too great an opportunity to let slip.
“We’re noticing an uptick in our website traffic from New York. We have people signing up for our emails. We’re seeing this campaign getting traction,” Gogel said.
The campaign kicked off Dec. 1 and will run through Dec. 31.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development