PHOENIX — The Arizona Cardinals took a timeout from preparing for Sunday’s game against Tennessee Titans to spend time with kids at Phoenix Children’s Hospital Tuesday.
They gave away teddy bears during their “Teddy Bear Express” event.
Back-up quarterback Drew Stanton was glad to help out.
“I think especially now, being a father, and having a child, and trying to empathize with those parents in that situation, to be able to see a change in mood or a smile on a child’s face when they’re going through a tough time can really turn things around for that day and hopefully turn things in the right direction,” said Stanton.
Kicker Jay Feely, quarterback Ryan Lindley and center Lyle Sendlein were also among the Cardinals players who were there to help out.
Cardinals cheerleaders were there as well, along with a 180-pound dog named Barney, who climbed on to beds with kids and let them pet him.
Punter Dave Zastudil said the visit was rewarding for him.
“It means a lot, especially around the holidays,” Zastudil said. “These kids have been through a lot, have suffered, and most of them will continue to suffer for a little while. If we can come in here and put a smile on their face and make them forget the pain that they’re going through, it makes you feel real good.”
This is the third straight year that Zastudil has made a holiday season trip to PCH.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon