PHOENIX — Starting Saturday, several groups are joining forces to help Arizonans get signed up during four “Coverage is Coming” fairs in the Valley.
The Cover Arizona Coalition, the Area Agency on Aging and the Maricopa County Health Department are three of the groups who are participating.
Alan Gjersvig of the Arizona Alliance of Community Health Centers said Arizona residents can get help, no matter where they are in the process.
“If they’ve not started an application or if they’d like to have help in figuring which of the 111 plans they would like to choose, we will have experts on-site,” said Gjersvig.
Three of the fairs are this Saturday, Dec. 14, in Phoenix and Mesa. The fourth is on Tuesday, Dec. 17, in Tempe.
All of the Saturday events are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at these locations:
Arizona State University — Downtown Phoenix campus, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Building NHI-2, 1st Floor, 550 N. 3rd St., Phoenix.
Paideia Academy — South Phoenix Campus, 7777 S. 15th Terrace, Phoenix.
Mesa High School — Building 800, 1630 E. Southern Ave., Mesa.
The fourth fair on Tuesday, Dec. 17th, will be from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at
Escalante Community Center, 2150 E. Orange St., Tempe.
The last date to select a health insurance plan for Jan. 1 coverage under the Affordable Care Act is Dec. 23rd.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night