PHOENIX — Starting Saturday, several groups are joining forces to help Arizonans get signed up during four “Coverage is Coming” fairs in the Valley.
The Cover Arizona Coalition, the Area Agency on Aging and the Maricopa County Health Department are three of the groups who are participating.
Alan Gjersvig of the Arizona Alliance of Community Health Centers said Arizona residents can get help, no matter where they are in the process.
“If they’ve not started an application or if they’d like to have help in figuring which of the 111 plans they would like to choose, we will have experts on-site,” said Gjersvig.
Three of the fairs are this Saturday, Dec. 14, in Phoenix and Mesa. The fourth is on Tuesday, Dec. 17, in Tempe.
All of the Saturday events are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at these locations:
Arizona State University — Downtown Phoenix campus, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Building NHI-2, 1st Floor, 550 N. 3rd St., Phoenix.
Paideia Academy — South Phoenix Campus, 7777 S. 15th Terrace, Phoenix.
Mesa High School — Building 800, 1630 E. Southern Ave., Mesa.
The fourth fair on Tuesday, Dec. 17th, will be from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at
Escalante Community Center, 2150 E. Orange St., Tempe.
The last date to select a health insurance plan for Jan. 1 coverage under the Affordable Care Act is Dec. 23rd.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick