PHOENIX — Starting Saturday, several groups are joining forces to help Arizonans get signed up during four “Coverage is Coming” fairs in the Valley.
The Cover Arizona Coalition, the Area Agency on Aging and the Maricopa County Health Department are three of the groups who are participating.
Alan Gjersvig of the Arizona Alliance of Community Health Centers said Arizona residents can get help, no matter where they are in the process.
“If they’ve not started an application or if they’d like to have help in figuring which of the 111 plans they would like to choose, we will have experts on-site,” said Gjersvig.
Three of the fairs are this Saturday, Dec. 14, in Phoenix and Mesa. The fourth is on Tuesday, Dec. 17, in Tempe.
All of the Saturday events are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at these locations:
Arizona State University — Downtown Phoenix campus, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Building NHI-2, 1st Floor, 550 N. 3rd St., Phoenix.
Paideia Academy — South Phoenix Campus, 7777 S. 15th Terrace, Phoenix.
Mesa High School — Building 800, 1630 E. Southern Ave., Mesa.
The fourth fair on Tuesday, Dec. 17th, will be from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at
Escalante Community Center, 2150 E. Orange St., Tempe.
The last date to select a health insurance plan for Jan. 1 coverage under the Affordable Care Act is Dec. 23rd.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.