PHOENIX — Fiesta Bowl fanfare started Monday as the city of Glendale prepared to roll out the red carpet for football fans who are expected to come in by the thousands.
“The state of Arizona absolutely embraces these large bowl teams,” said Tourism Manager for the Glendale Convention and Visitor’s Center Lorraine Pino. “We love our football fans, so we take pride in making sure, when they stop in, they feel welcome and are provided all the information they need.”
Some of the plans include setting city clocks to Florida and Texas times, there will be a historic street renamed as Fiesta Bowl Drive and goody bags are being filled to give out to fans who stop in to the Visitor’s Center.
The 43rd annual Fiesta Bowl kicks off Jan. 1 at 6:30 p.m. at University of Phoenix Stadium.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments