PHOENIX — Arizona Snowbowl near Flagstaff is open for business for skiers and snowboarders. The resort opened its highest chairlift Saturday, thanks to an early blast of snow on the mountain.
The Agassiz Triple Chairlift reaches an elevation of 11,500 feet and features a vertical drop of 2,000 feet. It was opened to the public two weeks early this year due to both snowmaking and natural snowfall, said Ryan Hartl, resort services director at Arizona Snowbowl.
According to the National Weather Service, the mountain was forecast to receive between 10 and 14 inches of snow overnight Saturday. The current snow base on the slopes is 20 inches.
Arizona Snowbowl is located on the San Francisco Peaks, about 14 miles outside of Flagstaff. For more information, visit its website.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.