PHOENIX — A man was shot by Phoenix police Friday evening after he attacked officers with an axe at an apartment complex.
Sgt. Tommy Thompson with the Phoenix Police Department said officers were called to a home near 26th Avenue and Camelback Road about a man swinging an axe at another person. When they confronted the suspect, Isaac Lankisch, he began swinging his axe at the officers.
“He had several other edged weapons, including a knife, which he threw at the officers,” said Thompson.
After being shot, Lankisch, 42, was taken to a local hospital where he later died of his injuries. No
officers were injured.
The name of the officer involved in the shooting was not released.
The shooting is being investigated by the Violent Crimes Bureau and the
Professional Standards Bureau of the Phoenix Police Department.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon