PHOENIX — A Maricopa County juvenile detention officer was arrested Wednesday on charges related to running a house of prostitution.
Adam Justin Munoz, 30, was being investigated by Chandler Police detectives after a confidential informant alerted them that Munoz was allegedly running an illegal massage parlor out of his Chandler apartment off North Nevada Street.
An undercover investigation started in September when detectives got a tip about an
illegal massage business.
“We had undercover officers who were able to make appointments, get inside and see for themselves what was actually going on,” said Chandler Police Det. Joe Favazzo.
Police documents say undercover officers discovered that patrons would enter
Munoz’s apartment and exchange money for a massage and sexual favors from women.
Munoz would then receive $50.
Munoz was charged with two counts each of illegal control of an enterprise, receiving the earnings of a prostitute and maintaining a house of prostitution. It’s not clear if he has an attorney.
Favazzo says prostitution cases are unusual in Chandler and that police are
thankful for the tip that led to the bust.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food