PHOENIX — The anonymous patron who has been leaving large tips for servers all around the country, showed the love in Phoenix on Tuesday to the tune of $2,500.
The donor, who’s been posting the good deeds to an Instagram account tipsforjesus, at Crudo, at 36th Street and Indian School Road. Co-owner Micah Olson was working the bar when the bearer of gifts came in around 9 p.m. The The couple chatted up Olson and ordered several drinks, running a tab of almost $550.
Before they left, the man asked to take a picture of Olson holding the bill. He asked if Olson knew about Tips for Jesus, noting that if not, he would know soon enough.
Tips even wrote a compliment on the receipt: “Best restaurant in Phoenix Visit Micah at Crudo”
Tips’ kindness spree possibly began in September in Michigan. That was the date of the first post. That day he spent $87 in a bar and left $3,000 as a tip.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon