PHOENIX — A high school sophomore wants to make sure that nearly 30 Phoenix families have what they need for Christmas.
Socorro Nieves has rallied fellow students at Franklin Police and Fire High School to help collect food, clothing and toys for the selected families.
“I’ve walked in those shoes and know exactly what it feels like to not have much on a daily basis and the holidays,” said Nieves. “It feels good to give back.”
The effort has been dubbed “Operation Soul” and will run until Dec. 16.
Trees and donation boxes are located at a variety of locations throughout Phoenix:
520 W. Washington St.
12220 N. 39th Ave.
2075 E. Maryland Ave.
1902 S. 16th St.
400 W. Southern Ave.
16030 N. 56th St.
1645 W. McDowell Road
1725 W. Williams Drive, Suite 35
To learn more, call 480-503-6352.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy