PHOENIX — A high school sophomore wants to make sure that nearly 30 Phoenix families have what they need for Christmas.
Socorro Nieves has rallied fellow students at Franklin Police and Fire High School to help collect food, clothing and toys for the selected families.
“I’ve walked in those shoes and know exactly what it feels like to not have much on a daily basis and the holidays,” said Nieves. “It feels good to give back.”
The effort has been dubbed “Operation Soul” and will run until Dec. 16.
Trees and donation boxes are located at a variety of locations throughout Phoenix:
520 W. Washington St.
12220 N. 39th Ave.
2075 E. Maryland Ave.
1902 S. 16th St.
400 W. Southern Ave.
16030 N. 56th St.
1645 W. McDowell Road
1725 W. Williams Drive, Suite 35
To learn more, call 480-503-6352.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development