PHOENIX — The design for a new Arizona State University law school in downtown Phoenix was unveiled Wednesday by city and school officials.
“This is more than just a move to a new building,” said ASU President Michael Crow. “It is a major part of our city and state’s future. What we now know that we didn’t know a few years ago is that not only is the downtown Phoenix campus successful, it’s wildly successful.”
According to a press release, the $129 million center, scheduled to open in 2016, will serve as the new home for ASU’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, placing students just steps away from the judicial, political and economic center of the state.
It will also have a public law library and civic outreach center, and will house the ASU Alumni Law Group, the nation’s first non-profit, privately financed teaching law firm, which will employ recent law graduates.
The proposed six-story, 260,000-square-foot facility, will occupy most of the city-controlled block between Taylor, Polk, First and Second streets in downtown Phoenix. It will include two levels of underground parking.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.