PHOENIX — The design for a new Arizona State University law school in downtown Phoenix was unveiled Wednesday by city and school officials.
“This is more than just a move to a new building,” said ASU President Michael Crow. “It is a major part of our city and state’s future. What we now know that we didn’t know a few years ago is that not only is the downtown Phoenix campus successful, it’s wildly successful.”
According to a press release, the $129 million center, scheduled to open in 2016, will serve as the new home for ASU’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, placing students just steps away from the judicial, political and economic center of the state.
It will also have a public law library and civic outreach center, and will house the ASU Alumni Law Group, the nation’s first non-profit, privately financed teaching law firm, which will employ recent law graduates.
The proposed six-story, 260,000-square-foot facility, will occupy most of the city-controlled block between Taylor, Polk, First and Second streets in downtown Phoenix. It will include two levels of underground parking.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development