PHOENIX — If you drink too much this New Year’s Eve or just want to avoid the road, Valley Metro will be offering free rides on both the bus and light rail.
Valley cities are teaming up with Valley Metro, Coors Light and Crescent Crown Distributing to create the free ride program, called Freeze the Keys, from 7 p.m. New Year’s Eve to 2 a.m. New Year’s Day.
Chandler City Councilwoman Trinity Donovan thinks a lot of people will climb on board for the free rides.
“We estimate that over 35,000 residents and visitors will be using transit on New Year’s Eve to get to their destinations,” Donovan said. “This is the first time ever that free rides have been extended to the entire valley transit system.”
An official said the rides are designed to keep everyone out of harm’s way.
“Celebrating safely this New Year’s Eve is free and easy,” said Bubba Moffett, owner of Crescent Crown Distributing. “Just jump on any of Valley Metro’s light rail or buses, and they’ll get you home safely.”
Light rail fare inspectors will provide additional security.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy