PHOENIX — Mesa Police detained two men early Wednesday morning after a witness said she saw them slashing her tires.
A police spokesman said a woman who lived near U.S. 60 and Alma School Road called to report seeing a man cutting her car’s tires around 4:30 a.m. Police arrived and caught the men after a brief chase.
There were 17 tire slashings overnight in the area.
One of the suspects, 22-year-old Nicholas James Rourke, admitted to slashing the tires while intoxicated because he was upset about losing money. A bloody knife was found and Rourke said he cut his hand on it.
Rourke was charged with 17 counts of criminal damage.
The other man, an unidentified 30-year-old white male, was released pending further investigation.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick