PHOENIX — Dozens of people turned out to voice their concerns and offer suggestions on how to fix the state’s broken Child Protective Services agency.
It has been revealed recently that thousands of reported cases of abuse were never investigated.
Many in attendance blamed an agency working without adequate resources, underpaid employees overwhelmed with workloads and effective programs that were slashed at the peak of the recession.
The forum, organized by child advocacy groups, was peaceful and constructive. Any isolated incidents of child abuse or the singling out of CPS workers was not tolerated at the meeting.
A transcript of what transpired at the Steele Indian School Park gathering will be sent to Gov. Jan Brewer, as she has demanded an investigation into why children fell through the cracks.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas