PHOENIX — Drive Hammered, Get Nailed.
That’s the message police have for people who are drinking and driving this holiday season, as cops will be out in full force looking for drunk drivers.
The Governor’s Office of Highway Safety says over 80 Arizona law enforcement agencies will take part in over 180 DUI saturation patrols this season.
Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery said there will be a lot of consequences if you get caught.
“You will spend time in jail. You will spend hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in fines and fees,” Montgomery said. “In addition to other circumstances, if you drive impaired with children in your car, you will become a felon.”
Marana Police Chief Terry Rozema is commending the cops who will be trying to get drunk drivers off the streets.
“When you have to arrest a guy who is 220 pounds and has a .20 (blood alcohol level), and one minute he’s crying and saying he’s sorry…and the next minute he wants to rip your head off and kill your family…and the next minute he’s fighting you with everything he’s got to keep you from putting him in handcuffs…and the next minute he’s throwing up in your patrol car, that’s not a pleasant experience,” he said.
The police agencies hope that their “don’t drink and drive” campaign will get Arizonans to think twice about drinking and driving, leading to fewer arrests this year.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets