PHOENIX — A man was fatally shot at a Glendale apartment complex Tuesday, police said.
The shooting happened at an apartment complex at 6565 W. Bethany Home Road. When officers responded, they found the 50-year-old victim laying in the parking lot.
“They immediately performed first aid on the male and he was treated by Glendale Fire and transported with life-threatening injuries,” said Tracey Breeden with the Glendale Police Department. “Upon arrival to the hospital, he was declared deceased.”
Police believe the shooting was not random.
“We do believe that this was no random incident and that the suspects and victim may have known each other,” Breeden said.
The suspects, described as being to black males, fled the area in an older model black sedan. One of the suspects may have been injured.
The victim has not been identified.
No other injuries were reported.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night