TEMPE, Ariz. — About 275 Phoenix schoolchildren will have something under the tree come Christmas thanks to SRP employees.
Utility company personnel packed a school bus with gifts and a group of Tuscano Elementary School youngsters collected the toys and other gifts Tuesday morning.
The school is located at 79th Avenue and Broadway Road.
Roque Lopez, 11, said he’s more concerned with classmates having a nice holiday than he is for himself.
“It’s really exciting to help other children. Not all of them have what we have and they need support,” he said.
Lopez’s classmate Hannah Moore was in the spirit, arriving in a Santa hat. She knew it would be a while before she can unwrap the gift
“We can only open them on Christmas Eve,” she said.
And like Lopez she feels good knowing that many of her schoolmates will have a Christmas this year.
In addition to the gifts, SRP employees donated money to the Fowler School District Angel Foundation to help families in need during the holiday season.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain