TEMPE, Ariz. — About 275 Phoenix schoolchildren will have something under the tree come Christmas thanks to SRP employees.
Utility company personnel packed a school bus with gifts and a group of Tuscano Elementary School youngsters collected the toys and other gifts Tuesday morning.
The school is located at 79th Avenue and Broadway Road.
Roque Lopez, 11, said he’s more concerned with classmates having a nice holiday than he is for himself.
“It’s really exciting to help other children. Not all of them have what we have and they need support,” he said.
Lopez’s classmate Hannah Moore was in the spirit, arriving in a Santa hat. She knew it would be a while before she can unwrap the gift
“We can only open them on Christmas Eve,” she said.
And like Lopez she feels good knowing that many of her schoolmates will have a Christmas this year.
In addition to the gifts, SRP employees donated money to the Fowler School District Angel Foundation to help families in need during the holiday season.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life