PHOENIX — Phoenix Children’s Hospital has been named a top performer for quality of medical care by Leapfrog Group, a national hospital safety advocacy group.
The hospital was one of 13 children’s hospitals to make the list. More than 1,300 hospitals were included.
The announcement was made Tuesday at Leapfrog’s headquarters in Arlington, Va. The annual survey assesses hospital performance based on how patients fare, resource use and management procedures to prevent errors. The results are then posted online.
“We’re proud to be awarded this prestigious honor, and count it as a privilege to be able to offer Arizona children consistent, excellent high quality care and patient safety,” said Bob Meyer, president and CEO of the hospital, in a press release.
Phoenix Children’s scored for high quality in preventing medication errors, intensive-care unit physician staffing and safe practices.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life