PHOENIX — Phoenix Children’s Hospital has been named a top performer for quality of medical care by Leapfrog Group, a national hospital safety advocacy group.
The hospital was one of 13 children’s hospitals to make the list. More than 1,300 hospitals were included.
The announcement was made Tuesday at Leapfrog’s headquarters in Arlington, Va. The annual survey assesses hospital performance based on how patients fare, resource use and management procedures to prevent errors. The results are then posted online.
“We’re proud to be awarded this prestigious honor, and count it as a privilege to be able to offer Arizona children consistent, excellent high quality care and patient safety,” said Bob Meyer, president and CEO of the hospital, in a press release.
Phoenix Children’s scored for high quality in preventing medication errors, intensive-care unit physician staffing and safe practices.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments