PHOENIX — Phoenix Children’s Hospital has been named a top performer for quality of medical care by Leapfrog Group, a national hospital safety advocacy group.
The hospital was one of 13 children’s hospitals to make the list. More than 1,300 hospitals were included.
The announcement was made Tuesday at Leapfrog’s headquarters in Arlington, Va. The annual survey assesses hospital performance based on how patients fare, resource use and management procedures to prevent errors. The results are then posted online.
“We’re proud to be awarded this prestigious honor, and count it as a privilege to be able to offer Arizona children consistent, excellent high quality care and patient safety,” said Bob Meyer, president and CEO of the hospital, in a press release.
Phoenix Children’s scored for high quality in preventing medication errors, intensive-care unit physician staffing and safe practices.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona