PHOENIX — Black Friday has come and gone and the Christmas season now starts up. Making that official is the number of Christmas tree lots popping up across the Valley.
It’s a shorter window of opportunity for holiday shopping this year with Thanksgiving and Christmas being closer together.
“I think we’ll be all right because usually that first week between Thanksgiving and Christmas is a slow week for tree sales. Especially here because they dry out,” said tree seller Byron Vaughn.
Vaughn runs a tree lot at 12th Street and Indian School Road and said the shorter tree-buying window probably worked in the customers’ favor because they’ll have a fresher tree.
“The best thing to look for is moisture on the trees. No dry spots on the tree. Make sure the tree lot has kept that tree watered,” Vaughn said.
Vaughn said he expected to sell out his stock of 300 trees in the next few days.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America