PHOENIX — Black Friday has come and gone and the Christmas season now starts up. Making that official is the number of Christmas tree lots popping up across the Valley.
It’s a shorter window of opportunity for holiday shopping this year with Thanksgiving and Christmas being closer together.
“I think we’ll be all right because usually that first week between Thanksgiving and Christmas is a slow week for tree sales. Especially here because they dry out,” said tree seller Byron Vaughn.
Vaughn runs a tree lot at 12th Street and Indian School Road and said the shorter tree-buying window probably worked in the customers’ favor because they’ll have a fresher tree.
“The best thing to look for is moisture on the trees. No dry spots on the tree. Make sure the tree lot has kept that tree watered,” Vaughn said.
Vaughn said he expected to sell out his stock of 300 trees in the next few days.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments