PHOENIX — Black Friday has come and gone and the Christmas season now starts up. Making that official is the number of Christmas tree lots popping up across the Valley.
It’s a shorter window of opportunity for holiday shopping this year with Thanksgiving and Christmas being closer together.
“I think we’ll be all right because usually that first week between Thanksgiving and Christmas is a slow week for tree sales. Especially here because they dry out,” said tree seller Byron Vaughn.
Vaughn runs a tree lot at 12th Street and Indian School Road and said the shorter tree-buying window probably worked in the customers’ favor because they’ll have a fresher tree.
“The best thing to look for is moisture on the trees. No dry spots on the tree. Make sure the tree lot has kept that tree watered,” Vaughn said.
Vaughn said he expected to sell out his stock of 300 trees in the next few days.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them