PHOENIX — A student at a Gilbert massage school had reportedly changed seats moments before a car plowed through the wall, killing her.
According to the Daily Mail, 22-year-old Lacey Gruntorad switched seats so she could volunteer for an upcoming portion of the class.
After the car, driven by an unidentified 87-year-old woman, slammed through the wall, Melinda Keeling, the class instructor, began searching for students.
‘It dawned on her where Lacey was sitting was directly in front of where the car came in (to the classroom). (Keeling) said she started to get sick at the time,’ the police report stated.
The student that traded seats with Gruntorad sustained minor injuries.
The driver was not charged in Gruntorad’s death, as more proof was needed to show neglect or intent.
The driver has apologized and said she does not know how to live with herself.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development