PHOENIX — Gilbert firefighters not only put out fires, they also put smiles on kids’ faces every year.
Through their annual Collecting Clothes and Toys for Gilbert Girls and Boys Drive they hope to gather enough stuff to make lives a little brighter for about 100 in-need Gilbert families.
“This is my tenth year and the need is greater than ever before,” said Gilbert Fire Department Community Services Coordinator Jean Machnicki. “We’re hoping the community steps up like they always do and help the kids who are in need.”
Working with Gilbert elementary schools, firefighters were able to identify the families who are facing particularly challenging time this season. The goal is to give those families new, unwrapped toys, clothing, jackets and shoes for children through the age of 17.
Donation trees and boxes are located at a variety of locations throughout Gilbert. To learn more, call (480) 503-6352.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life