PHOENIX — Black Friday and Cyber Monday are not the only days to get holiday bargains.
Merchandise from city of Mesa departments, unclaimed police evidence and asset forteirture items are being sold well below retail at the city’s surplus sales every Tuesday and Thursday. Starting Dec. 3, Mesa will be slashing prices on select items by up to 75 percent.
“I think we’re the only city that does this,” said Sherri Power with the city of Mesa. “They can get a good deal, put money back in the city’s coffers and find things there they won’t find elsewhere.”
A wide variety of merchandise is offered at the surplus sales, including tools, jewelry, televisions, computers and office furniture. Payment can be made by cash, credit card or check/debit card with photo identification.
The sales are held from from 8 a.m. to noon at the city of Mesa warehouse at 7041 E. Adobe. The warehouse is between Brown and University, east of Power Road.
For more information, click here or call (480) 644-2663.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development