PHOENIX — You may think searching for a job in December is a waste of time, but LocalWork.com founder Ryan Naylor says that’s not the case.
“Right now, there are a lot of great companies that are hiring — one of which would be Basha’s grocery chain, (which is) hiring a number of career and corporate level jobs, but they need these people to be able to stop (in the first quarter) of next year,” Naylor said.
The job expert said hiring doesn’t slow down this time of year, but job seekers often do.
“Studies are showing that job seekers are more concerned with their holidays than landing their next career path, which means you have less competition out there to find that next job,” he said.
According to a survey by ExecuNet.com, nearly 70 percent of executive recruiters say the number of jobs posted and searches initiated either increase in November and December or stay the same as the other months.
Even if a job seeker doesn’t land any interviews this month, Naylor said to continue networking, especially at holiday parties.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America