PHOENIX — You may think searching for a job in December is a waste of time, but LocalWork.com founder Ryan Naylor says that’s not the case.
“Right now, there are a lot of great companies that are hiring — one of which would be Basha’s grocery chain, (which is) hiring a number of career and corporate level jobs, but they need these people to be able to stop (in the first quarter) of next year,” Naylor said.
The job expert said hiring doesn’t slow down this time of year, but job seekers often do.
“Studies are showing that job seekers are more concerned with their holidays than landing their next career path, which means you have less competition out there to find that next job,” he said.
According to a survey by ExecuNet.com, nearly 70 percent of executive recruiters say the number of jobs posted and searches initiated either increase in November and December or stay the same as the other months.
Even if a job seeker doesn’t land any interviews this month, Naylor said to continue networking, especially at holiday parties.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night