PHOENIX — You may think searching for a job in December is a waste of time, but LocalWork.com founder Ryan Naylor says that’s not the case.
“Right now, there are a lot of great companies that are hiring — one of which would be Basha’s grocery chain, (which is) hiring a number of career and corporate level jobs, but they need these people to be able to stop (in the first quarter) of next year,” Naylor said.
The job expert said hiring doesn’t slow down this time of year, but job seekers often do.
“Studies are showing that job seekers are more concerned with their holidays than landing their next career path, which means you have less competition out there to find that next job,” he said.
According to a survey by ExecuNet.com, nearly 70 percent of executive recruiters say the number of jobs posted and searches initiated either increase in November and December or stay the same as the other months.
Even if a job seeker doesn’t land any interviews this month, Naylor said to continue networking, especially at holiday parties.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon